Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Low carb tortillia chip snack

OK, I will apologize in advance for the pictures, I snapped them quickly and I had to be fast because these didn't sit on the counter too long...

A few weeks ago I had some LC tortilla shells that were stuck together in the pack and pretty much useless so I decided to cut them into triangles, fry them, and sprinkle on some seasoning salt to make me some LC chips. They were great! My kids ate more of them than I did and we all know that is a good sign as far as taste goes... Here is the batch I made today:



Anyway, I got to thinking... I just bought some of this Truvia sweetener and wanted to try it out in the kitchen... got to thinking, what if I put a dab of almond butter between two of these triangles and fry them together like a tart or turnover?? Here is what happened:

Just a dab or your favorite reduced carb nut butter (I like the fresh ground almond butter from Ingles nearest my house and it is very thick).



I used a fork to pinch closed the edges to minimize (not prevent) leakage in the frying process.



Gratuitous frying shot.



And here they are completed and sprinkled with a little of the Truvia sweetener.



Obviously you can use whichever brand or combination of sweeteners you happen to prefer or can tolerate. I have to give these a thumbs up for ease of making and especially snacking goodness. All in all, it was a great change of pace for me as far as desserts and I think it would be even better with a little Lindt 85% melted over it... but that will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment