Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day week!

So I took this week off from work to spend with the kids since this is their first week out of school. My niece and nephew are going to be with us Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I hope we will be doing fun stuff outside most if the time if the rain will hold off.

Trying to work on getting some recipes up here, and testing some I ran across on the web. If you have time check out this recipe for chocolate cake and this variant as well. They are very similar and since I didn't have all the ingredients for either recipe, I just threw a bunch of stuff in the blender and it came out very good. The kids tried it (without knowing what it was) and liked it, my wife said it tasted good too. I whipped up a simple cream cheese icing with cinnamon and a little DaVinci's syrup and let it set up on top of the cake. It was amazing! I actually had some cake for breakfast this morning :).

My wife whipped up a wonderful BBQ dinner for us an her parents last night, the main course was a precooked beef brisket from Wal-Mart. I know what you're thinking... yuck, right. Well I have to say it was totally awesome! The brisket was from Sadler's Smokehouse, and was presliced as well as precooked. Just reheated it in the oven and it was out of this world moist and delicious. One word of caution, when looking at the label, the price is per pound :).

No comments:

Post a Comment