Monday, June 1, 2009

Oopsies revisited


While I can't take credit for the original revolution rolls, or cleochatra's oopsie variant, I can tell you that there are tons of things you can do to tweak them for your own application. I use Wilton's mini baking pans to make my rolls, and I use a slightly modified version of the oopsie roll to fit into 6 mini pans. I use only 2 eggs and about 2 1/2 ounces of cream cheese; this gives me just enough to make 3 sets of buns.

If I am making buns for sandwiches or hamburgers, I will throw in some spices and salt or pepper to give the a little extra flavor and sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the mixture before baking. Experiment with some garlic (powder or salt), some Mrs. Dash's seasoning, or maybe some BBQ dry rub. If you are going to use them in a dessert application or waffle/pancakes you should leave all the seasonings and salt out of the mix.


One of my favorite uses of these rolls has to be pakcake/waffles for breakfast. Frest hout of the oven, you can put a little pad of butter on each one and then drizzle a little Davinci's sugar free syrup on them and it tastes JUST like IHOP.... delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment