Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Need to get back on this blog thingy

Ok, so tennis has consumed the last few months of my life and blogging has fallen to the curb. Not sure if anyone still tracks my blog, but I feel like I need to get back into the swing of things and update this sucker! First thing I changed was the blog feed added to the left side -->.

I removed my Examiner posts from the main body of the LCL blog and added a top 5 feed section so you can also see the posts on my low carb examiner column when visiting my bloggerino here :). I get to write a little more freely here, and use all kind of grammatically incorrect things like slang, internet abbreviations, and emoticons... LOL :).

So how's my low carb diet going? Well, it's spinning like a helicopter and the tail rotor is sputtering... I haven't been sticking to any plan, count, or goal and have been basically maintaining my weight within a 6-10 pound window of where I was when I slowed down. I have been super active playing tennis (not using that as an excuse, I'm just sayin') and we have had a good bit going on around the house lately. I have been snacking too much and eat WAY too many almonds.

SO what's next? Well I have decided to pretty much blindly start a new plan for a while and see if it is the shake up I need. I went so long NOT losing any weight even though I was trying pretty hard to break below 190. The Eades' have released a new book called "The 6 Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle" and I am going to commit to following the book for 6 weeks at minimum. I don't know what the book has in it, don't know about the recipes and what you have to do each week. The only details I have about it are that you have to cut alcohol (n/a) and caffeine (ahem, could be tricky) and have three shakes with 50g of protein a day and one low carb meal for the first couple weeks. Could be tough, but I think the net will be a huge loss in 14 days :). I ordered the book today and expect it in early next week and hope to start the plan on Monday September 28th. Several of my LC friends have read the book and are following the plan and losing weight so I don't see what the harm could be (aside from looking like I am just jumping on the bandwagon which really doesn't bother me because I already said I was looking for a change and am blindly committing to trying THIS diet as THAT change)... ROFL.

So in the meantime, I'm still eating salad and bunless burgers, hot wings, grilled chicken, taco salads (no shell) and all kinds of interesting low carb desserts (like the black bean brownie/cake, pumpkin cheesecake, and my cheesecake icecream thingies). Heck, I spoon almond butter and cream cheese straight from the container, who am I kidding?? I plan on making rat toes on Friday and posting the recipe here and on Examiner.com :)

Oh and there was a test in the first paragraph. You probably failed.

1 comment:

  1. The test must have been about the link locations, and if so, I passed. Right, not left.

    ReplyDelete