Sunday, October 4, 2009

One week down, so far so good :)

This was the first of two "shake weeks" and it was both easier than I thought and more enlightening than I thought. The protein shakes are very filling and I didn't have any problems with a lack of energy. Today, I had two smaller shakes in the morning for a late breakfast and lunch and then we played flag football followed by an hour and a half of tennis practice and I hung in there with everyone else just fine!
So far the biggest thing I have learned, well that has been reinforced, is that I love food and like to eat. I REALLY look forward to my "chew meal" which has always been supper with the family. I know that my love for eating is what helped me gain all that weight, but I guess I never really acknowledged it before being reduced to one meal a day.
This upcoming week is going to be somewhat of a challenge; we're heading to the beach on Wednesday with TJ and Ashley Padgett and will be attending the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores. I contacted them through facebook and am planning to take some pictures and hope to write an Examiner article LIVE from the festival.
This also marks 2 weeks since my last caffeinated drink and one week off aspartame. I can't say that I've noticed any marked difference in my health but I am trying to keep my eyes peeled for anything.
Can't wait to start "MEAT WEEKS" when we get back from the beach~!

Don't forget to enter the contest and guess how much weight I will have lost at the end of the 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing good!!

    The shake weeks get a tad old....but making the one meal I good one I think helps! I too love to eat and am enjoying the meat weeks!

    Boy would I like to be going to that festival!! Have a few shrimp for me, ok?

    ReplyDelete