Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jowl anyone?

On our recent trip to the beach I stumbled upon hog jowl at Lambert's Cafe in Foley Alabama. The menu said something similar to "thick cut tastes like bacon only better"; knowing how much I love bacon I had to give it a try. It was awesome! I haven't thought anything more about it until I was at the grocery store picking up some bacon (on sale) and saw that they had jowl for sale too. I had to put them in my mini fridge (since I was on the way to work) and I kept hearing this snorting sound coming from that general area of my office. It sounded like someone mumbling "eat me, eat me"... so I had to microwave a few slices to see what it was going to taste like. I have to say, while it wasn't quite as good as what I had at Lambert's it was really good. I can't wait to cook some up for breakfast in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment