Friday, November 13, 2009

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Ok, so I'm a guy. I can wing my way through most stuff and am not very good with details sometimes... So we're having a Thanksgiving type dinner tomorrow and I thought it would be smart for me to bring a dessert so I know I am covered :). I remembered this pumpkin cheesecake recipe from Linda's website that I had made before but I didn't have it in front of me so I just threw some stuff in the bowl and mixed it up. It turned out great!

To make the batter, a 15oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling), a brick of regular, full fat cream cheese, I used 4 eggs I think, some Splenda (I just eyeballed it but is should be about half a cup), cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl.

For the crusts, I mixed some melted butter and some freshly ground almond meal into a thick batter. Using silicone cupcake liners I placed a small amount in the bottom of each and pressed out evenly in the bottom. In a preheated oven (350 degrees) I precooked the crusts for about 10 or so minutes. You just want to get them dry and a little crispy.

I spooned in about 1.5 spoons in the pumpkin mixture in each of the 12 cupcake liners and put all of them on a cookie sheet. The remaining mixture (no crust) went into a small casserole dish and both were put in the oven for about 45 minutes (not sure exactly because I forgot to set the timer.

I finally found the original recipe and I did a decent job of remembering the ingretients for JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE.

3 comments:

  1. those look yummy, I may have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! Do you have a carb count for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today ...I'm loving it! I'm adding you to my low carb blog list!

    ReplyDelete