Monday, April 12, 2010

State of the Union 4/12

Ok, so I've learned the hard way that if you don't pay attention and "back slide" into some of your old ways, all of a sudden your jeans don't fit like they used to. You don't need a belt because they're so tight they stay up without one :(... So how do I fix it? What is the "plan of attack" to correct this little problem? Eat more food of course, but eat the right food. My weakness isn't bread, it has always been ice cream and cookies; even worse, cookies and cream ice cream LOL.

So here we go; as stupid as I think this sounds, I made a fresh start today (Monday). I cooked breakfast for us this morning and decided to just make a little extra and carry it to work for lunch. 3 bacon, 3 eggs for both meals although the 3 eggs were fried this morning and scrambled for lunch. I actually ate the bacon and eggs cold at lunch and really enjoyed it!

I really think that motivation has been my problem; rather it has been lack of motivation. When I was at my heaviest, I had plenty of motivation... I felt like I was close to dying. So I lose the weight and get to buy all these new clothes and where's my motivation? I thought it would be there to maintain the loss and continue to slowly lose a few more pounds but sadly that didn't seem to be the case.

So I have NEW motivation now! While at the beach for spring break, my wife "proposed" to me and asked if I would marry her again in the fall. We are going to renew our vows on September 25th, 2 days after out 15th wedding anniversary and I just HAVE to get this regained weight off and for good this time. I basically have 5 months or 20 weeks to "drop it like it's hot" (well actually "drop it while it's hot"). Tennis is in full force, I'm really getting into my training for the 5K so I'm trying to run more often now and it's starting to get REALLY warm. Tennis tournament season is starting in less than 2 weeks and I think one of my teams will e heading to the state championships before 9/25. I have to do this! I need all the encouragement you guys can offer me... I need to be held accountable for my mistakes just like everyone else!

3 comments:

  1. Go TJ1 GO TJ!!
    I think one of the hardest things to do is maintain. Most of us that got into this situation seem to feel that way.

    You sound very motivated so I am pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding that maintaining is harder than losing as well. Like you I have to search and create new things to motivate me. On On

    ReplyDelete